GET YOUR ART APPRAISED, IDENTIFIED OR RESEARCHED HERE
Artbusiness.com art appraisals are much more than just prices for your art. Each appraisal explains how the final price is determined, and includes additional comments relevant to your specific request. For information about other available services, see Services for Collectors.
To learn more about the value and advantages of a professional art appraisal, read Art Appraisers, Appraiser Associations, and Art Valuation.
Click this link to read the Appraiser Qualifications of Alan Bamberger.
RECOMMENDED FOR SELLERS: Consulting by phone which includes not only all price information that would be contained in an appraisal, but also a summary of current market conditions for the art or artist, strategies for selling, suggested initial asking prices, prices at which the art is likely to sell, recommendations on how or where best to sell, answers to any additional questions you might have about your art, and more.
ARTIST SIGNATURE IDENTIFICATION is also available. You only pay if the name is positively identified. For this service, select "Decipher an artist signature" from the "CHOOSE YOUR SERVICE" options below.
If you need an immediate appraisal or price information, have questions about what information to provide, or are selling a work of art and would like to consult by phone about strategies, options, pricing, finding the best venues, or other particulars, please call 415.931.7875. You can also email email@example.com. For information about costs, see the "CHOOSE YOUR SERVICE" options below.
INSTRUCTIONS: PROVIDE AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE ABOUT YOUR ART. Include descriptions of any documentation accompanying the art such as receipts, guarantees or certificates. Previous appraisals, letters or papers discussing the art may also be helpful.
THE MORE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE, THE BETTER, regardless of whether you think it's important. More information means a more accurate appraisal.
If you need help or have any questions, please call 415.931.7875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turn-around time for a typical appraisal is 4-7 working days, less for single items. You will be notified if additional time is necessary.
EMAIL ALL INFORMATION, IMAGES AND A PHONE CONTACT TO:
IF YOU WANT A HARD-COPY APPRAISAL, ALSO INCLUDE YOUR MAILING ADDRESS
PROVIDE AS MUCH INFORMATION ABOUT THE ART AS POSSIBLE INCLUDING:
1. Name of the artist
2. Type of art (painting, watercolor, sculpture, etc)
3. Dimensions (measurements of the art)
4. Edition size or number (for limited edition prints, sculptures, etc)
5. Date or age of the art (if known)
7. Any relevant additional information (if available)
8. Title of the art (if known)
9. Ownership history (if known)
10. Information about any documents or certificates that accompany the art
11. Text of any labels or writing on the art
12. Purchase location (if known)
13. Purchase date (if known)
14. Purchase price (if known)
DESCRIBE THE PURPOSE OF THE APPRAISAL:
1. Planning to sell
2. Planning to buy
5. Estate purposes
6. Tax purposes
7. Other (please describe)
CHOOSE YOUR SERVICE:
1. Phone consult on how best to sell (recommended for sellers): $95
2. Phone consult on whether or not to buy (recommended for buyers): $95
3. Appraisal by email: $95
4. Hard-copy appraisal mailed to you: $115
5. Hard copy appraisal for tax purposes: $150 AND UP (CALL 415.931.7875)
6. Decipher an artist signature: $95
7. Other (please describe)
PLEASE EMAIL ALL INFORMATION AND IMAGES TO:
TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD:
CALL YOUR INFORMATION IN TO 415.931.7875
PAY SECURELY WITH PAYPAL
(with or without a PayPal account)
Articles and content copyright Alan Bamberger 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
website by erin healy